Christian Counseling in Grand Rapids
Christian counseling, also known as biblical counseling and Christian psychology, combines your faith with the principles of psychology to improve your mental health and relationships. More specifically, this therapy approach uses scripture and biblical teachings to help you deal with life’s challenges.
One of the factors that has greatly influenced my career is my conviction that there exists a loving God. My faith compels me to give and be selfless with biblical versus that say, “…as you have done to the least of these, you have done it unto me” (Matt 25). This is one of the greatest cultural influences in my career development.
All aspects of psychotherapy and counseling can be implemented from a Christian faith-based perspective. These issues especially include:
- Anxiety that prevents you from completing everyday tasks
- Panic attacks
- Insomnia or being unable to fall asleep and/or stay asleep all night long
- Social isolation or avoiding spending time with friends and family
- Sudden extreme weight loss or weight gain
- Feeling hopeless, helpless, or overwhelmed
- Feeling unable to manage your problems on your own
- Out-of-control, irrational anger
- A loss of interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Feeling disconnected to your faith or God